Friday, September 02, 2011

lebaran ver. 2011

31 August - 2 September
(backtrack 4 September 2011)

It started out with meeting my dad's apparently long-lost high school friend who just happens to live across my dad's carport, who also happens to be the father of those extremely cool twins me and my friends have known since high school! awesome.
Then it was off to Bandung, but a pit-stop to get some snacks, etc nearby

this is at Bona Indah's Indomaret.wow.


seriously, i pity those who live in that area under 'Cikarang Barat'.
can you imagine when they have to explain to new friends who want to visit...?



whoa, they have these now? (rest area 57?)

Bandung!
wait. ack, nooooo---


i dunno, for some reason this irked me:
see, like 80-90% of the reason of the sudden biking interest in my country is because my people are following the damn lets-ride-a-bike hype (pity the real bikers) to support the eco-friendly cause, and what irked me is that 1.they're using said hype as a form of a charity's activity, and 2. if it's to promote eco-friendlyness, then why the hell is the grand prize a motorcycle?


Ok, for some unknown reason, even though i've complained and explained every time that the taste has seriously SERIOUSLY degraded (i had my first martabakgasm with it, so you can imagine how i felt with it's recent taste), my mom still stubbornly insists we get SanFransisco martabak (which even my easily pleased aunt said it has degraded, and she still doesn't believe me. i am so complaining to mr.buyung. dia punya website lho sekarang, mrbuyung.com gitu.HAHAHAHHA) dengan pembelaan "kan lagi ada Tante Astrid (my lovable aunt who we took along)!".

So because it was SF, we had to wait for an hour or something and we decided to get dinner while waiting at--wait for it--
Rose Flower.
in all it's awesomeness. even my mom didn't know it's 'full name'.
but before we left, i found a little gem on the way, next to where my dad was sitting:


ladies? this is so our calling.

And on the way to the restaurant, at the intersection an 'interesting' graffiti caught my eye:

BVRN IN HELL
...yeah man, bad ass.
too bad couldn't get a picture.

Anyway, back to RoseFlower: it's this Chinese restaurant around Jl. Naripan(?) that my mom used to go to in her days. upon entering, i got a glimpse of this:

I was torn between wanting to pet it or do the thing a favor and end its life.
I ended up gushing about said thing in spite of my self.
unexpectedly, Tante Astrid said, "you want to pet? i think i know the owner..."
and so i went and pet and gushed at the thing.
oh, and the thing's name is Fluffy (for some reason i'm quite positive that it's a 'he'. gee i wonder why.). and he's been re-dyed and clothed (yes, those are damn socks on his paws) over and over again. the poor little shit..


oh, and the food was awesome.
especially when i was all 'meh, probably just a regular Chinese restaurant.
and the owner has a picture of him and Ade Rai. shaking hands. and autographed.


padahal 'cuma' kangkung daging telor puyuh, kodok saus kecapmentega, sama udang goreng telor asin (BEST)

We were staying at my parents' friends' house, and the next morning i woke up to THIS


kinci! it was Pak Nana's, the housekeeper-security, kinci's! and he said i could plaaaayy--


she's the most active, so i was really happy to get a pic of her lounging.



the gray one was really calm and sitting around while the others ran around, trying to jump off the cages. and in the middle of all that hectic-ness, the white jambul one suddenly came up and squished herself next to Kimchi.
lucu banget kaya roti sobeeeeekkk~



i've baptized the grey one Kimchi.

Kimchi the Kinci :3.


(because she's the only one who answers to Kimchi. the others answer to...different names.)

We went back to Pakar and i had fun meeting my cousins (she watches Game of Thrones!!),crazy-ass aunties and uncles. Then we had bakmi for dinner, and the next day bubur ayam (both non-lebaran related food.we got sick of it.hahaha) before leaving for Jakarta at 11ish. I forgot how fun (sometimes) lebaran can be :))

No comments:

Post a Comment