Sunday, September 18, 2011

Your Highness

I just thought of it as that 'fun movie detour in their career' type of movie for Franco and Portman, and was seriously looking forward to enjoy my 'light' movie that I've been postponing for a while, but nooooooo.....

I've had my share of shitty lame-ass sex jokes and cepyek jokes but this, by far, is one of the worst.
Why? because it was totally unexpected.
Or maybe I just haven't watched Pineapple Express to understand the director's trademark comedic style, I don't know.

I mean, the plot and trailer looked harmless!
Just your ordinary light action-comedy movie. Heck, maybe even had the potential to be that kind of a 'hey that was actually really good!' movie.
A shame though, because Franco, Portman and Deschanel looked really 'sincere' in playing
those over-the-top medieval chivalrous cliches (you could sense that fun-sarcastic feel in it) hahaha...which could be funny without the excess useless 'humor' it was drenched in.

I just knew something was wrong when Franco brought out his severed cyclops' head out in full gore with the damn shredded meat hanging about and Zooey spat out her half-devoured food.ugh, nasty.

Comments that really hit home for me (thought I'd get a kick from the message boards):
  • " It could have been a great enjoyable adventure comedy if it weren't for those cheap d*** and *beep* jokes. Really, where did the class go? "
  • " Being high would probably make the unfunny parts stand out more and feel a lot more disgusting "
  • " 'If funny is having people in the middle-ages say *beep* then I would have laughed my ass off, but it's not funny.' -- That literally sums up the entire comedic routine of this movie. No exaggeration at all. "
  • " The usage of swear words, just tossed on to try and make teenagers giggle (that's how it seemed, I've never heard swearing sound so pointless) as terribly distracting. "
  • " I just thought it relied on toilet humor too much."
Three words to summon this up perfectly? cheap, over-used toilet humor, and disgusting.

Or just plainly what the MPAA says: "Rated R for strong crude and sexual content, pervasive language, nudity, violence and some drug use"

And I haven't even finished the movie when I wrote this.

No comments:

Post a Comment